Wednesday 22 April 2020

Rarawa Beach

Today we had to write about our loved ones and somewhere very special. I did mine about Kaitaia and a day at the beach. Rarawa Beach is my favorite beach ever and I have so many great memories with my family and friends there. Rarawa Beach is a beach that I go to most of the days when I visit Kaitaia. I really enjoyed thinking about all the good times I had while I was there. It was challenging to remember some of the events that happened.

We loaded up all the Surfboards and Boogie Boards and headed to Rarawa beach. Dad is driving along the gravel road about to go onto the soft sand. We drive down the sandhill and then Dad stops and tells us to get out. We do that and then he tells us to grab onto the side of the car and hold on. Then off he goes driving at a nice speed. I feel the nice salty wind blowing my hair back and I see Aunty Sari, Aaron, Waimirirangi, and Waioru (Our friends) in front of us doing the same thing. I wave to Waimirirangi. We move closer and closer to the lagoon and finally, we are there. We jump off the sides and start getting the surfboards and boogie boards out of the truck. We get our wetsuits on and jump in the water. We splash around and have lots of fun while Dad, Aaron, Papa, Nana, and Aunty Sari sit back and watch us. Then Me, Waimirirangi, Waioru and Tane announced that we wanted to go for a surf. Charlie, Asha, Nana, Papa, and Aunty Sari stayed at the lagoon while we smothered zinc all over our faces and headed out with Dad and Aaron. It’s quite cold but I know that will change soon. We headed out really deep and started catching some nice waves. Then I went out over my head and looked down. The water was as clear as anything and I saw a stingray swim under me. We caught some more waves and then went over and got changed. We drove back home and we were very tired.

9 comments:

  1. Bella, ka mau te wehi. What a fantastic piece of writing. I love how descriptive your writing is, it really helps me to picture where you are and what you are doing. How often do you go up north? It sounds like you have a great time up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Farr, It is amazing up there with all our friends and family and beaches! We normally go up there about 1 or 2 a yr.
      Thx for the comment.
      Bye.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bella, what a lovely piece of writing. I got a great picture in my head from all the great discriptions you used. I liked hearing about some of the things you do there. Do you like surfing? Was it hard to learn? It always looks wonderful watching people surf. Do you go surfing here in Greymouth or just up north? Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing more. Sharron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharron, Thanks for the comment. I love surfing and I didn't really find it to hard to learn. It's actually pretty easy and if someone actually believes in them self and tries it they could get really good! I do surf down here sometimes but I definitely surf up north a lot more.
      Stay safe and well.
      Bella

      Delete
    2. Hmmm ... well I couldn't seem to get up 🥴 ... you must be much stronger than I am, Bella x

      Delete
  3. Great writing Bella, the descriptions reminded me of the time I went there! I love your font and colourful background but some readers might find them hard to see. Can you show your creativity and still be easy to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Miss Oakley for the comment. It's an amazing beach isn't it. What fun activitys did you do up there? Thanks for the feedback I will take that in and do what I can.
      Stay safe and well.
      Bella

      Delete
  4. Hi bella your story was really good and even though we are still under lockdown but you did a really good job keep up the good work and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Bella,

    Rarawa beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I know as well so I can see why it is your favourite! The lazy river is a highlight at low tide and the lagoon is pretty cool at high tide too, so you can't really go wrong!
    I look forward to making many more family memories there! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.