Wednesday 3 June 2020

My "Trip Up North" Poem

This morning we had to do poetry and we got to choose a subject and then write a 40 sentence poem about it!! It was really challenging to find words to rhyme so some bits probably don't make much sense but it doesn't matter. My subject is about when I go Up North around Kaitaia and all my family and friends get together and we have lots of fun. We had to do 20 lines and 2 sentences in each but I got to do 15 lines because I was taking to long. Each sentence has a really big story behind it and each one means heaps to me. I enjoyed bringing back some great memories and I probably could have been better by taking a little bit longer to get better words. We also had to add the word My in front of everything so yeah.
 
My socializing. My sitting and crying.
My drinking smoothies. My watching movies.
My swimming in the Harbour. My skin feeling like lava.
My catching the biggest wave. My diving for kina and being brave.
My driving on the beach. My getting spoiled with treats.
My eating lots of food. My "How very rude!!"
My going to the park. My flounder hunting in the dark.
My biking everywhere. My family lives so near.
My "It's not my fault I'm so beautiful." My jumping off the waterfall.
My Jet-Skiing in the ocean. My doing bike jumps in slow motion.
My family having so much fun. My trying to get the motorbike to run.
My playing king of the mountain. My swimming in the fountain.
My playing with my friends. My driving fast around all the bends.
My great Grandad is really nice. My "I hope I don't get lice."
My fishing off the wharf. My amazing trip Up North

3 comments:

  1. hey bella its your sis i love your poem my favorite part is the end but next time try to make it ryem a bit more bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella great poem I love how you write it my favorite part was when you went to the water fall.Next time make it make sense but It was really fun to read bye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.